Teaching Angela to Appreciate History
1870 – The Vatican Council adopts the doctrine of Papal Infallibility.
1918 – Nelson Mandela born.
“The Mysogyny Wars” – Massimo Pigliucci
“Hugs, Handshakes and Codes of Conduct” – Greta Christina
Hominins didn’t need boats to colonise islands.
Paleoanthropologists to chip out Australopithecus Sediba fossil live on the Internet.
South Africa’s first Catholic saint.
“Accept nothing as true that is not self-evident. And always recheck the reasoning behind every problem.”
– Dr. Hood (quoting Rene Descartes)
Eleventh Hour (US), season 1, episode 2, “Cardiac”
- Speak2aScientist – Thursday, July 19th at 18:30. Sci Bono Discovery Centre. Prof Simon Connell, lead particle physicist from the UJ-Atlas group – The “God-particle” discovered: a milestone in our lifetime!
- ScopeX – Saturday 21st July, 09:00 to 21:00. National War Museum, Johannesburg Zoo.
- Sceptics in the Pub - Wednesday, August 1st at 19:00. Venue to be decided
- Sceptics in the Pub – Thursday, July 19th at 18:00. Pizetta
- Sceptics in the Pub – Saturday, July 21st at 12:30. Doppio Zero, Centurion