Teaching Angela to appreciate History
On September 17th, 1976, the first Space Shuttle was unveiled by NASA. Enterprise was hamstrung by a lack of engines and heat shields so she never actually went into orbit, but she did some pretty high-tech gliding.
Pablo sent us an update about brewing beer in space.
The Nigerian Communication Commission had to release a statement assuring people that they would not die when receiving a call from a specific number, and that only really gullible people believe that kind of stuff anyway. This is not the first time this particular hoax has caused widespread panic.
Feature: Skeptical Toolbox
- SpeaktoaScientist on September 29th
- SITP Joburg, 5th October @ Keg & Spitfire in Blackheath
- Group Visit to the Cradle of Humankind / Postponed to after the Rugby World Cup
- Skeptical event (in a pub): 23 September 18:30, Touch of Madness
- Skeptics in the Pub: 7th October 19:00 – JC Brasserie (cnr de Villiers & Constitution streets, Cape Town)
“What does God need with a starship?” – CAPT James T. Kirk, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.